Thursday, September 05, 2019

How'd It Go?

When Self Help Radio was on Fridays, I wrote something on this blog for five days of the week, starting on Mondays.  Now Self Help Radio is on Mondays.  To write five times a week I need to shift the week ahead, what?  Three days?  So the first day I write is - well, it's Sunday, but that would be equivalent to the fourth day.  Sundays are the new Thursdays.  Or has that phraseology passed from use?

In any event.  I'll be writing here from Thursday to Monday.  On Monday, I'll put the show up after it has aired onto the Self Help Radio website.  Monday is the new Friday.  At least around here.

But you asked how it went.  It went swimmingly.  I had a blast.  True, it was Labor Day morning & when I drove home - at 8:30 - they were as quiet as they were at 5:30 - maybe just a tad busier - but I suspect this Monday it'll be a different story.

Really, I felt so good after Monday's show, & it got even better.  When I returned home, the wife was awake & acting weird.  She told me to sit down & wait then went somewhere.  I knew it was important because she took the car.  She'll drive across town on a bike rather than drive.

When she got back, she brought me from a vegan donut shop around here called Doe Donuts this:


It's six donuts plus one donut hole that spell out the frequency of Freeform Portland plus "SHR" for you-know-what.

Sometimes she makes me feel loved.  The "S" up there was a peanut butter & jelly donut.  I ate it first.  I mentioned just today that I had a peanut butter & jelly donut & he said, "I never knew such a thing existed but now I want it."

It bugs her, but I keep telling my wife: "How're you going to top last week this Monday?"

It's good to be back on the air.  I hope I never leave.

No comments: