Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Self Help Radio 090919: Passion

(Original image here.)

A week ago I promised I would post my shows the same day I did them, but this week I was asked to sub a show on XRAY FM so I could not.  However, I can to-day.  I present to you the second Self Help Radio in Portland: a show about passion.

Most people wouldn't consider me a passionate fellow, although I think of myself as one.  Passionate about the things I love, like music, radio, my pets, my wife, all kinds of creation.  In that order?  Oops.  Too bad I am writing this on a computer & there's no way to correct that sentence in order to make my pets seem more important than radio.  I just hope they don't read this & get upset.

The show is waiting for you at the Self Help Radio website, where it will require you to adopt a secret name (SHR) & use a secret word of love (selfhelp) to give you access to the passion.  There will be no surprises, however - well, perhaps the intensity will surprose you - as you can see the songs played & the guests' appearances below.

Whew!  That was a passionate show.  I need a lie-down.

Self Help Radio Passion Show

part one:
"Passion" Watsie Lumbard And The East-Men featuring Hal Jaxon _Confidential Doo Wop, Vol. 3_
"Passion Or Patterns" Units _Digital Stimulation_
"Bulbs Of Passion" Dinosaur Jr _Dinosaur_

introduction & definitions

"Passion Is No Ordinary Word" Graham Parker & The Rumour _Squeezing Out Sparks_
"Pashernate Love" Morrissey _The HMV/Parlophone Singles 88-95_
"Passion For Water" Liechtenstein _Fast Forward_
"Passionate Kisses" Lucinda Williams _Passionate Kisses_

interview with motivational speaker Dirk Robbins

"Passionate Friend" The Teardrop Explodes _Wilder_
"The Passion" English Electric _Baby I'm Yours_
"Mad Passionate Love" Bernard Bresslaw _British Comedy Classics_
"Rak Tong Rorn (Love Passion)" Viparat Piengsuwan _Thai Beat A Go-Go Volume 2 (Groovy 60's Sounds From The Land Of Smile!)_

introducing Ned Dry

"The Passion Of Lovers" Bauhaus _1979-1983_
"Passion Fall Down" The Wreckery _Past Imperfect_

part two:
"Passion Of Mine" Black & White Lovers _The Sound Of Leamington Spa, Vol. 8_
"Passion In The Afternoon" The Desert Wolves _Pontification_
"The Passion" Billy Bragg _Talking With The Taxman About Poetry_

interview with romance novelist Raymond Dunlap

"Plastic Passion" The Cure _Boys Don't Cry_
"Talk About The Passion" R.E.M. _Murmur_
"Scorpio: The Passionate Hero" The Zodiac _Cosmic Sounds_
"The Passionate Shepherd To His Love" P.D.Q. Bach _Liebeslieder Polkas_
"Passion Killer" One The Juggler _Nearly A Sin_

interview with Bingham Killkid

"Passion Of Love" The Pretty Things _Singles As & Bs_
"Passionate Love" The Goodtime Music Co. _The Sound Of Young Sacramento_
"Cool Passion" Data _Accumulator (1980-1985)_
"Passion Play" Papas Fritas _Papas Fritas_

conclusion & a passionate farewell

"This Passionate Breed" The Sun & The Moon _The Sun & The Moon_
"Nights Of Passion" The Radicals _The Bristol Reggae Explosion 1978-1983_

No comments: