Thursday, September 12, 2019

Where Was I Today?

Please don't think I've forgotten you!  The next few days are going to be a little busy.

This is something strange to reflect on: when I lived in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, I not only didn't get to do Self Help Radio, I barely got to do any kind of radio at all.  KNON's deejays loved doing their shows, & if they couldn't do it, they generally had a "crew" of folks who helped out who took care of their shows if they missed it.  In general, I might sub the morning shows, but that was it.

The situation here is vastly different.  This week, I turned down two shows on two different stations.  In one case, I simply wouldn't have had the time to make a decent show - & in the other, I had to take a pup to the vet in the morning so couldn't have done the show anyway.

& tonight I am preparing to do four hours of Freeform Portland - from 2am to 6am, my favorite time to play on the radio.

So if you're feeling ignored, I'm sorry.  I'm busy.  Happily busy.  As a friend told me today, it appears this is the right town for me to end up in.

No comments: