Friday, March 27, 2020

Spending This Rainy Day

Making imaginary radio shows.

They're not really imaginary - they will possibly (probably?) air on the station for which I am making them.  They take me a bit of time despite the fact that I am purposely repurposing old Self Help Radio shows.  What's taking me some time is that I am adding new songs, I am relistening to the songs in case there are FCC violations, & I am of course recording new airbreaks which is what takes the most time even though I am keeping them short.  Well, short for me.

The truth is, I am amazed - really, kinda flabbergasted - by deejays who just come on, back announce, & sign off.  I wish (sort of) I could do that.  In the case of this situation - creating content to keep stations on the air while the stations are closed to regular programmers - I don't feel comfortable being as chatty as I am when it's my show & a listener can be expected to deal with my loud mouth.

Tonight's goal - & the goal for the next few days - is a couple of hours a day.  Although - I have created six hours for Freeform & the joke now is that that's what you hear when you turn the station on.  I know I can destroy a lot of goodwill with overexposure.  Maybe they'll take my recordings out of circulation once there's more new material.

In any event - these shows I'm doing I may well share with you, at some point.  & I'll have a new Self Help Radio & Dickenbock Report in April.  That's a kind of exciting, isn't it?  It's keeping my anxiety at bay for the moment, anyway.

No comments: