Monday, March 30, 2020

What A Week It Was The Other Day

Surely I'm not the only one feeling like time has somehow changed its behavior, like certain rules no longer apply or have been slightly changed.  This afternoon I took a one-hour nap & woke & was almost certain it was morning.  That sort of confusion is becoming more & more pronounced the farther away I get from an actual schedule.  I hope that that will be remedied once I begin doing Self Help Radio weekly.

Right now I'm concentrating on prerecorded programming for two stations, KBOO & Freeform, & technically there's no deadline.  I will have a deadline for the Dickenbock Report next week, which is Sunday, & I've begun working on that.  But it's really making sure there's something that needs to be done regularly that I believe will disabuse me of this almost hallucinatory sense of time, & I think it starts with resuming SHR.

Though tonight, watching CNN, I understood why I needed to stop for a bit.  It's completely fucked-up out there & it looks to get way worse before it gets better.  The wife & I have been luckier than most - we managed to stock up on essentials, & she can work from home.  Except for dog walks - even, as today, in steady rain - we stay put, & so far we haven't gotten on each other's nerves too much.

By far the saddest thing is favorite restaurants closing.  Some subsist on take-out & delivery, but some can't keep their doors open for that - which makes me profoundly sad.  But we can only eat so much.  & I've already gained too much weight in this town.  It will be exceedingly depressing if once this is over we will have lost the great places to eat that adds to the flavor - no pun intended - of this town.

& we do that a lot, too.  We say, "Once this is over."  We talk about an end we don't have in sight.

Okay, enough of that.  Let's start talking about the dumb radio show again, damn it!

No comments: