Saturday, June 27, 2020

Preface To Basements: Basement Quiz Answers!

Yesterday, I shared a few song lyrics & asked if you knew what they were.  I'm sure they were simple, but I got no responses.  Alas!  But I figured I'd tell you the answers today, if you don't mind.

*Spoilers*!  If you want to try to answer, please go directly to yesterday's post!  Here, before you see the answers, is a picture I took in 2014 called "Basement Door."


(I must have taken that picture in Kentucky, although I have no idea where.)

Here are the lines followed by their sources:

1) Someone's in the basement, mixing up the medicine

Bob Dylan, "Subterranean Homesick Blues," from Bringing It All Back Home

2) My friends out there rolling round the basement floor

Elton John, "Someone Saved My Life Tonight," from Captain Fantastic

3) I was lying in a burned out basement with the full moon in my eyes

Neil Young, "After The Gold Rush," from After The Gold Rush

4) In the basement bars, in the backs of cars

Rush, "Subdivisions," from Signals

5) My heart's in the basement, my weekend's at an all-time low

David Bowie, "Queen Bitch," from Hunky Dory

6) Down in the basement, we hear the sound of machines

Talking Heads, "Girlfriend Is Better," from Speaking In Tongues

7) From every dingy basement on every dingy street, every dragging hand clap over every dragging beat

The Clash, "Death Or Glory," from Combat Rock

Thanks for playing!

No comments: