Sunday, June 21, 2020

Whither Shadows?

(By one of my favorite painters of shadows.  Found here.)

It's been a while - back before the plague - someone at Freeform asked me if I'd ever done a show about shadows.  I said, no.  Why not?  Because holy shit can you imagine how many songs there would be about shadows?  You should still do a show about shadows.  Okay, I will.

That person recently asked me at a meeting if I'd done the show about shadows yet.  I sheepishly said no.  But I felt really bad about it.  & I was thinking, oh no, we're going to have to make small talk again at another Zoom meeting & I'm going to be asked if I've made a show about shadows yet so damn it I'd better make a show about shadows.

Four thousand songs later (rough estimate), there'll be a show about shadows.  It won't have your favorite song about shadows.  Sorry.  There were too many of them.  But there'll be plenty of songs about shadows.  Maybe a new favorite song about shadows.

To think.  I'm doing this to not be embarrassed at a Zoom meeting!

Tomorrow.  Self Help Radio dot net.  That's all.

No comments: