Thursday, September 03, 2020

Photographs Of Places I've Lived # 2: The Lockwood Arms

 
(Image from Google Maps.)

This is a place where I used to live, as it looked like in 2019, many decades after I lived there.  When I lived there, it was called The Lockwood Arms.

While I have some vague memories about living in the apartment complex then-called Kingsley Manor, which I talked about last week, I have many more memories about the Lockwood Arms, where I lived most probably during my first & second grade years, from 1973-1974.  In fact, one of the earliest pictures of me that I have was definitely taken there:


That's what the inside of the place now called "Spanish Stone" looked like when I was six or seven years old.  I've actually talked about the Lockwood Arms on this blog before, so that rather than try to remember anything more about the place, you can read what I've previously written here.  I can't say if where I am standing in this picture was our apartment or not, but I suspect it wasn't.

Something else interesting - when I wrote about this almost ten years ago, the place was called "Orchard Square."  How many names has it had in the forty-five-plus years since I've lived there?  I could swear it was the Lockwood Arms for many years after we left - well into the 1980s.  Who knows?

No comments: