Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Self Help Radio 051121: Mom

(Look! I lightly desecrated my mom & dad's wedding photo!)

This week's show was about moms - I talked a bit about mine, but it really was a celebration of all moms (I opted not to play songs about mothers - that would've added about a thousand more songs to choose from) inspired by my own.  She would've been quite flattered by that.  & then she would've forgotten to listen.

The show featured guests talking about their moms & one actual mom.  That I talked to.  I mean, some of the musicians I played might have been moms.  That wasn't a requirement.  The songs just had to mention moms or some aspect of momness.  But perhaps next time I should invite actuals moms on.  Darn, why didn't I think of that!

Listen to the show now in two different places howsoever you choose: at kboo.fm or at selfhelpradio.net.  Lots of things happened on the show, the songs & the interviews & stuff are listed below.

Say hi to you mom for me!

Self Help Radio Mom Show
"Mom" Earth, Wind & Fire _Last Days & Time_
"Mommy" The Suburbs _Credit In Heaven_
"Come To Mommy" The Lindas _8x9_

introduction

"My Mommie Sent Me To The Store" Fats Waller _1939-1940_
"Mom Talk" Conveyor _Conveyor_
"My Mom (Accent Not Included)" Hari Kondabolu _Mainstream American Comic_
"Momma" Jem _Beachwood Canyon_
"Going To Marry Mom" Mr. Rogers _Won't You Be My Neighbor?_

interview with my youngest friends Alyssa & Jason

"Everybody Loves My Mom" The Exbats _E Is 4 Exbats_
"Call You Mom" They Might Be Giants _Nanobots_
"Mom" Ed's Redeeming Qualities _At The Fish & Game Club_
"Social Media Mom" Anjelah Johnson _Mahalo & Goodnight_
"Can't Say Enough About Mom" Leroy Hutson _The Man!_

Carole the Librarian shares books about mom

"Stacy's Mom" Fountains Of Wayne _Stacy's Mom_
"Cool Mom" Childbirth _Women's Rights_
"Mom Always Liked You Best" The Smothers Brothers _Mom Always Liked You Best!_
"Hipster Mom" MC Lars _The Zombie Dinosaur LP_
"Hey Mommy" The Mighty Diamonds _Speak The Truth_

Hollywood reporter Denver Smith interviews Hollywood momIssa Ceniceros

"Momma Momma" Melanie _Born To Be_
"Your Mom Is Right" Haley Bonar _Impossible Dream_
"So Long, Mom" Tom Lehrer _The Remains Of Tom Lehrer_
"Stuff Momma Used To Say" Sandra St. Victor _Oya's Daughter_
"Your Mom's In My Business" K-Solo _Tell The World My Name_

interview with writer Florian Michaelangelo

"Mom & Dad's Waltz" Iris DeMent _My Life_
"Mommy Daddy You & I" Talking Heads _Naked_
"How Can I Tell My Mom & Dad" The Lovelites _With Love From The Lovelites_
"Quennel's Mom" The Frantics _Frantic Times_
"Mom & Dad" Cub _Box Of Hair_
"Mom & Dad" Theoretical Girls _Theoretical Girls_

the origin of maternal insults aka yo momma jokes

"Mom Or A Parking Lot" The Intelligence _Males_
"To Mom On Mother's Day" Monte Cazazza _To Mom On Mother's Day_
"When Mommy Kills You" Ty Segall & Freedom Band _Freedom's Goblin_
"My Mom's New Boyfriend" Barcelona _Zero One Infinity_
"Call Your Mom" Cheekface _Emphatically No._
"Mommy Is A Jilt" The Trend _Batman Live At Budokan_

conclusion & goodbye

"Mom & Dad" Frank Zappa _We're Only In It For The Money_
"My Mom, My Sister, & My Beliefs" Maria Bamford _Ask Me About My New God!_
"Your Mom" Thick _5 Years Behind_
"Tell Mommy You Want A Sip Of Beer" Head Like A Kite _Random Portraits Of The Home_
"2 Weird 4 My Mom" Occult Character _Metal Postcard 2020 - Lockdown Samples_
"Mom Dad & Monster" Capsule Giants _Hello Heroes_
"Mom's Friends" Tochigi _Tochigi_

No comments: