Saturday, May 15, 2021

Benji & Odie


This is a picture I took seven year ago on this day, May 15, 2014.  The dogs are named Benji & Odie.  They lived a couple of blocks from us, & we passed them regularly on our daily dog walks.  I never knew their ages, but Odie seemed like an oldie, so perhaps he's no longer with us.  They were both very sweet.

Come to think of it, their owner might no longer be with us.  She lived alone in the house - which she said she grew up in - & was of an indeterminate age.  She wore giant wigs & was quite the neighborhood gossip.  I can't remember her name, alas.

It was during these dog walks in Kentucky I started sharing the treats I carried with me for my dogs with other dogs in the neighborhood.  Whenever possible, I ask permission.  I'd hate for the dogs to be allergic to something I'm giving them!  This has the result of dogs not barking at us but, like Benji & Odie above, waiting patiently for me.

Sometimes it doesn't work that way - a sweet Corgi named Brooks in our neighborhood just barks.  The only time he's not barking is when he's eating his treat.  But I don't give him treats any more.  Hopefully he will stop barking for them after some time.

No comments: