Saturday, June 05, 2021

Photographs Of Places I've Lived # 0: Ridgewood Dr

(pic from Google maps.)

When I was in Texas two weeks ago, I was given by my sister my actual birth certificate, which told me where my family was living when I was born.  It was in this house in Garland, Texas.  I have no memory of course of living here, but my sister believes I lived here for maybe the first two years of my life.  It might be in this backyard where this picture was taken:



It would have to be, right?

When I was in Garland, I went down the wrong street (one street over) & took a picture of the wrong house.  But the Google Map image above is probably pretty close to how it looks now.  How it looked then I have no idea.  I have no memory!

Last August I started this series with the first place I remember living in, which was an apartment complex called Kingsley Manor.  I wrote then, "I've never figured out exactly how many places that was before we moved into Kingsley Manor."  It turns out that number is most probably two.  This place above, on Ridgewood, & one other, a few blocks north, on a street called Rolando.  My sister doesn't remember the house number or exactly where the house was, so I will probably never be able to add one last house to this series.

& yeah, I'm still living in the place I said I was living at the end of the series.  Hopefully we'll live here a bit longer.  I like it here!

No comments: