Sunday, August 29, 2021

Preface To Indiepop A To Z # 66: Still In The Letter P

(image from here)

Just sitting here listening to bands whose names start with the letter P.  Being kind of chill about it because I get to do the show live.  I can't tell you how great it is not to have to worry about recording.  It does feed into my deeply held belief in procrastination, it's true.  But it's also relaxing.

Not that procrastination is relaxing, but somehow I don't get worried about getting things done on time until it's nearly time.  Then I do worry.  & make no mistake, I am more wound up as midnight on Monday approaches - especially if I am still in the process of gathering.  Because I almost always feel like I never have enough.

Anyway, I am listening to songs now for tomorrow's show & I'm thinking, wow, it would be fun to simply have a bunch of people who love indiepop sit around & pick songs for the show.  What is the most representative of this artist?  That would be fun.  Right now, it's just me & a few animals sleeping behind me.  & I don't think they're really listening.

No comments: