Saturday, September 04, 2021

Another Loss


We said goodbye to our beloved Bronte this morning.  That picture above is from her 14th birthday, which was barely a month ago.  She was beset by all manner of ailments, as I described previous on this blog here & here, but recently her kidneys began to fail, & despite our best efforts, it progressed too fast & took her from us with very little warning.

There's so much more to write about her but I have been crying & grieving all day long, & of course spending time with her remaining siblings.  Something about loss makes one feel acutely aware there's not enough time to love the ones you love so you try to make up for it.

If I were a poet or a musician, I'd write songs about her, so sweet & magical was that unbelievably fuzzy cat.  To think when she turned up on our doorstep twelve years ago I thought we didn't need another cat!  My wife knew better, & this morning, after her death, we looked at the hundreds of photos we have of her, & remembered her in healthier, happier times.

Our beautiful fuzznika.  I hope she knew how loved she was.

1 comment:

LeAndra B said...

My heart is breaking for you. Rest well knowing you shared a beautiful life with her and gave her the most awesome home. Rest In Peace, Bronte.