Monday, August 30, 2021

Whither Indiepop A To Z # 66?

(image from here)

There have been - let me check - oh yes - 65 - that's sixty-five - previously episodes of the Indiepop A To Z series.  There's nothing really I can tell you about the shows that you probably haven't already heard.  But in case you haven't:

Every four months or so I return to a series I began in Austin a very long time ago in which I attempt to play bands who fall into the "indiepop" category (what is indiepop?) plus sometimes bands that I believe are influential to the genre as well as some indiepop-adjacent bands I feel are somehow important to include (sometimes just because I like them).

65 episodes seems a lot, so I must already be done, yes?  No.  I began the letter P on the 63rd episode & there are lots of performers & musicians who start with that letter.  I will begin with the band The Pets, pictured above.  I am not sure where I will end, but it won't be at the letter Q.  Not tonight.

Personally I love this genre & I believe it makes great radio.  But you be the judge.  Listen tonight from midnight to 3am on 90.7fm KBOO Portland, online at kboo.fm & decide.

Would it sweeten the pot to know I'm doing the show live?  I mean, it at the very least means I'll make dumb mistakes!

No comments: