Saturday, April 30, 2022

Two Unrelated Places In Fort Worth

Pictures I took on this day in 2018.

This one:


is the sign for a place I would ever eat, but if you check out their webpage, they've cleaned up their facade somewhat & removed the "tattoo" from under the sign.  The Goggle Maps page (taken this year) has the undersign read "now hiring," so maybe they rent out the space.  Anyway, I was mildly amused that a country cookin cafe might also offer tattoos.  Or perhaps it's a short story with a surprise ending that makes absolutely no sense.

This other one:


is a bit more of a puzzle.  I couldn't really remember where I took the picture.  I thought it might be in the section of Fort Worth called Como, but the address - 8000 - seemed far off, & I was right.

Then it occurred to me that it might be in the same area as the Country Cookin West Side Cafe, & I was right - it's literally around the corner.  It's called the Empowerment Life Cathedral & its Facebook page indicates it's still going strong.

As for me, I was just amused they had a sign that said "Ground Zero" above the entrance.  A brief web search shows that that use in ministries is not uncommon.  & according to Giggle Maps, it's still having services (at least as of last month):


There's both a limo & a hearse in that picture.  & that's fucking awesome.

No comments: