Monday, April 25, 2022

Whither Indiepop A To Z # 68?

(This is what comes up in Creative Commons when I search for indiepop. Image from here*.)

Many moons ago, looking at the list of bands at TweeNet, I thought it might be a fun project to do an "a to z" type series for that genre, indiepop, which had become important to me.  It was never popular, it was even somewhat maligned, but I used the list as an excuse to both play more indiepop on the radio & to discover artists I didn't know about.  I couldn't help adding artists that I felt had been excluded &, ever the completist, I thought it might be good to add artists that influenced the genre as well.  & thus a project that should have been over some time ago is now in its 68th installment & at the letter P.

Will we finish the letter P tonight?  I don't think so.  But listen in!  The show will air on 90.7fm in Portland & online everywhere at KBOO dot fm & it'll happen from midnight to 3am.  I happen to find indiepop to be quite diverse & you'll hear bands from all over the world.  But then I'm a fan!

*"3rd Annual Nottingham Indiepop Alldayer @ Bunkers Hill Inn, Nottingham - 25 September 2010" by craigboney is marked with CC BY-NC-ND 2.0.     

No comments: