Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Self Help Radio 071922: 1986 (Continued)

(Every darn cover image from Discogs.)

Wow. I've played six hours of music (minus some of my talking) from 1986 & I'm not entirely sure I'm done.  I did repeat some artists because they had more than one release in 1986 - off the top of my head, I can say for sure I played two songs by Elvis Costello, the Smiths, Momus, the Wedding Present, Cocteau Twins, the Fall, & Felt.  Nick Cave released two records in 1986 but I only got around to playing one song.  & then there were those I didn't play!  I seriously could do another three-hour 1986 show.

But will I?  I can't say, I haven't recovered from this one yet.  However, there's plenty of great stuff to tide us over until we decide whether 1986 deserves another show. I mean, it does. It totally does. I should say whether I should make another show. I should. But I might not.

The show is available at both the KBOO website & at the Self Help Radio website. At the latter, please remember you need a username (SHR) & a password (selfhelp) to listen.  It was just me today with lots of music, so I just list the songs below.

For me it was a really amazing year in music.  Even my second choices seem excellent to me.  I hope you find some things you like here too.

Self Help Radio 220719: 1986 (Continued)
"It's You" Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers _It's Time For_
"Country Girl" The Jacobites _When The Rain Comes_
"Speed Of The Sound Of Loneliness" John Prine _German Afternoons_

"Ask" The Smiths _Ask_
"Nicky" Momus _Nicky_
"Felicity" Wedding Present _The Peel Sessions_
"Oomingmak" Cocteau Twins _Victorialand_
"Hey! Luciani" The Fall _Hey! Luciani_

"Agonised By Love" Clan Of Xymox _Medusa_
"Canvas Beauty (Romance Version)" Peter Murphy _Should The World Fail To Fall Apart_
"Walking On Your Hands" Red Lorry Yellow Lorry _Paint Your Wagon_
"This Damn Nation" The Godfathers _Hit By Hit_
"Whistling In The Dark" Easterhouse _Contenders_

"I Have Always Been Here Before" Roky Erickson _Gremlins Have Pictures_
"Girl On A Swing" The Cleaners From Venus _Living With Victoria Grey_
"If You Were A Priest" Robyn Hitchcock & The Egyptians _Element Of Light_
"Oblivion" The Mekons _The Edge Of The World_
"Valerie" Richard Thompson _Daring Adventures_

"Happy Hour" The Housemartins _London 0 Hull 4_
"My Biggest Thrill" The Mighty Lemon Drops _Happy Head_
"Love Is The Slug" We've Got A Fuzzbox & We're Gonna Use It _Bostin' Steve Austin_
"The Rain Fell Down" Jesse Garon & The Desperadoes _Billy The Whizz_
"Truck Train Tractor" The Pastels _Truck Train Tractor_

"Make The Music With Your Mouth, Biz" Biz Markie "The Inhuman Orchestra" feat. T.J. Swan _Make The Music With Your Mouth, Biz_
"Eric B. Is President" Eric B. featuring Rakim _Eric B. Is President_
"My Mike Sounds Nice" Salt 'N' Pepa _Hot Cool Vicious_
"Ego Tripping" Ultra Magnetic M.C.'s _Ego Tripping_
"South Bronx" Boogie Down Productions _South Bronx_

"Bonzo Goes To Bitburg" Ramones _Animal Boy_
"Don't Want To Know If You Are Lonely" Hüsker Dü _Candy Apple Grey_
"People Ain't No Good" The Cramps _A Date With Elvis_
"No Reason To Complain" Lyres _Lyres Lyres_
"The Good Earth" The Feelies _The Good Earth_

"Sad?" BMX Bandits _Sad?/E102_
"I'm The King Of Joy" Bill Drummond _The Man_
"Ballad Of The Band" Felt _Ballad Of The Band_
"Freaky Dancin'" Happy Mondays _Freaky Dancin'_
"Boy" Book Of Love _Book Of Love_

"Absolute Beginners" David Bowie _Absolute Beginners_

No comments: