Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Self Help Radio 091322: Satisfaction

(Original image here.)

Well I'm satisfied that the Self Help Radio satisfaction show rates a "satisfactory" grade.  Remember those?  That's how I learned the word, from the elementary school grading system, which for some reason was more complicated than later grades which gave out As, Bs, Cs, etc.  One website defines them like this:

S – Satisfactory; I – Incomplete; N – Needs Improvement; P – Pass; U – Unsatisfactory; F – Fail

But wait! I remember an E for excellent! Anyway, I'd give this show an S with a side order of N.  Plus, every Self Help Radio feels a bit I.  Maybe that's a U going on F?

So many songs about satisfaction, feeling satisfied, & the act of satisfying!  Also, lost of covers of the Rolling Stones song.  I meant to play the Residents' version, but someone requested the Devo version.  What could I do?

The show is now at both the KBOO website & at the Self Help Radio website.  At the show's website, you'll need a username (which is SHR) & a password (which is selfhelp), but you can download the show if you want.  Everything that happens on the show is below.

& I certainly hope you're satisfied!

Self Help Radio Satisfaction Show
"Satisfaction" Errol Dunkley _Black Man's Pride 3 (None Shall Escape The Judgement Of The Almighty)_
"Satisfaction" Smokey Robinson & The Miracles _One Dozen Roses_
"(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (live 1965)" The Rolling Stones _On Air_

introduction & definitions

"I'm Qualified To Satisfy You" The Dirtbombs _Ultraglide In Black_
"Satisfied" Rufus _Rufus_
"Satisfied" Fat White Family _Songs For Our Mothers_
"You Think You're A Man" The Vaselines _The Way Of The Vaselines - A Complete History_
"(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" Otis Redding _The Complete Stax-Volt Singles 1959-1968_

interview with author Lothario Casanova Valentino

"A Satisfied Mind" Ella Fitzgerald _The Singles_
"Satisfaction" Echo & The Bunnymen _Crystal Days 1979-1999_
"Satisfy" Mo-Dettes _The Story So Far_
"I Don't Know (Satisfaction)" Sly & The Family Stone _Fresh_
"Keine Klasse (I Can't Get No Satisfaction)" The Dorados _Pop In Germany, Vol. 3_

interview with ghost rider Ernest Chestinsworth III

"I'm Not Satisfied" The Fall _Cerebral Caustic_
"I Can't Get No Satisfaction (Thank God)" Talulah Gosh _Backwash_
"Do It ('Til You're Satisfied)" B.T. Express _Give Up The Funk (The B.T. Express Anthology: 1974-1982)_
"Quick Reaction & Satisfaction" Etta James _Etta James Sings Funk_
"(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" Phyllis Diller _Golden Throats 2 (More Celebrity Rock Oddities!)_

interview with guru Jarvis The Water Guy

"Anything But Satisfied" The Manhattan Love Suicides _More Heat! More Panic!_
"Qualify & Satisfy" Funkadelic _Funkadelic_
"Satisfied" Krystal Generation _Eccentric Soul: Twinight's Lunar Rotation_
"Satisfied" Tom Waits _Bad As Me_
"(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" The Incredible Bongo Band _Bongo Rock_

interview with memoirist Dennis Jagger

"I'll Be Satisfied (When My Soul Is Resting In The Presence Of The Lord)" Rev. J. M. Gates & Congregation _The Rise & Fall Of Paramount Records 1917-1927, Volume 1_
"Satisfied" Barbara & Ernie _Prelude To..._
"Leave Here Satisfied" Robert Forster _Danger In The Past_
"(Keep Me) Satisfied" Antietam _Tenth Life_
"(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" Devo _Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo!_

interview with former Cosmo editor Vanessa St. John

"Got The Blues, Can't Be Satisfied" Mississippi John Hurt _1928 Sessions_
"Praise God I'm Satisfied" Blind Willie Johnson _Dark Was The Night_
"Satisfaction Blues" Rufus & Ben Quillian _Rufus & Ben Quillian 1929-31: Complete Recordings In Chronological Order_
"Satisfied" Harold Burrage _The Cobra Records Story_
"(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" Alien Sex Fiend _Another Planet_

conclusion & goodbye

"(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" Cat Power _The Covers Record_
"I'm Satisfied" Earl Johnson & His Dixie Entertainers _Hard Times Come Again No More Vol. 2 (Early American Rural Songs Of Hard Times & Hardships)_
"Dissatisfied" Riverside Ramblers _Black & White Hillbilly Music: Early Harmonica Recordings From The 1920s & 30s_
"I Can't Be Satisfied" Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys _San Antonio Rose_

No comments: