Sunday, September 11, 2022

Preface To Satisfaction: That Song

(image from Discogs)

If one is going to do a show with the theme "Satisfaction," one must contend with this song, probably the most famous song that mentions satisfaction.  Wikipedia says it's "one of the world's most popular songs," the band's first number one in the States, & their fourth in the UK.  I have probably heard this song more times than my mother even told me she loved me.  & I have to play it on this week's show, don't I?

Indeed, I might play one of the 119 covers that are listed at Who Sampled.  Or more than one.  I don't know.  Do you have a favorite cover?

One I couldn't play, because it was never released commercially, is this version by PJ Bjørky, which they performed at an awards show in 1994:


Feel free to shoot your faves my way.  I have a little time to put the show together still!

No comments: