Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Self Help Radio 061520: Masks

(Original image here.)

Here's this week's show, about masks, which is dated June 15, but it's obviously June 16, I am increasingly unable to manage my time well, & sadly this poor show is paying the price.  In my defense, I think it's a fine show, not only because it's a great theme - suggested by Jenny, who also provided a song for the show - but because I spent a little more time on it than I might have if I had had a deadline.  Although today was the deadline & in typical fashion, I'm cutting it very, very close.

Still, if you listen, listen for Jenny's song & for the interviews - my funny friends are very, very funny on today's show.  I simply got out of their way & they were great.  Please enjoy that.

The show is at the Self Help Radio website.  Please remember there's a username (SHR) & a password (selfhelp) which you'll need to listen.  The details of the show are below.

Should you wear a mask while listening?  It's highly recommended.

Self Help Radio Masks Show
"Mask" Bauhaus _Mask_
"Mask" The Nits _Adieu, Sweet Bahnhof_
"Mask" Daniel Johnston & Beam _Beam Me Up!_

introduction & definitions

"The Mask" The Live Wires _Die Today_
"Mask" The Contrast _Perfect Disguise: Introducing The Contrast_
"Mask" Us & Us Only _Bored Crusader_
"The Mask" Fugees _The Score_
"My Mask" Jenny Adkins _My Mask_

interview with my youngest friends Alyssa & Jason

"Animal Mask" The Mountain Goats _Beat The Champ_
"Masks Of Bebko" Momus _Glyptothek_
"Zulu Death Mask" Deadbolt _Zulu Death Mask_
"Sleeping With Your Devil Mask" Robyn Hitchcock & The Egyptians _Globe Of Frogs_
"The Man In The Iron Mask" Billy Bragg _Life's A Riot With Spy Vs Spy_ (Yep Roc, 2006)

interview with masquerade musician Delbert Disguise

"Masquerade" The Fall _Levitate_
"Masquerade" The Celebration _Junkman_
"Life Is A Masquerade Party" Amuzement Park Band _All Points Bulletin_
"(I'm Afraid) The Masquerade Is Over" Clyde McPhatter _Rhythm & Soul (1959-1965)_

interview with the Rev Dr Howard Gently

"The Masked Man" Eddy Bell _Mercury Rock & Roll Party_
"I Am Gonna Unmask The Batman" Sun Ra & His Astro-Galactic Infinity Arkestra _The Singles_
"Mask Off" Al Wood & The Wanderers _My Lady Chou Coumme_
"Sleep Mask" Omni _Networker_
"Alien With A Sleep Mask On" Ratboys _Printer's Devil_

Self Help Radio craft time Elliot Kliffnerd calls

"Behind The Mask" Yellow Magic Orchestra _Solid State Survivor_
"What's Behind The Mask" The Cramps _Songs The Lord Taught Us_
"Under The Mask Of Happiness" Graham Parker _The Mona Lisa's Sister_
"Lover's Mask" Damien Youth _Festival Of Death_

conclusion & goodbye

"The Blue Mask" Lou Reed _The Blue Mask_ (RCA Records, 1998)

1 comment:

jenny a said...

Don't forget: Join the monastery, Gary.