Sunday, June 14, 2020

Whither Masks?

(Image from here.)

At this point - at this late in the day - at the very least - should I just say that Self Help Radio has new episodes on Tuesdays?  Because I have to prepare a whole other show tomorrow - which will air live at midnight - & there ain't no way I'm going to finish this week's Self Help Radio by then.  I'm sorry.  There are many excuses & here's one of them: we walk our dogs twice daily.

That may not sound crazy to you, but our dog walks usually take between an hour & ninety minutes each.  We walk somewhere between a mile & two miles each walk, & one of our dogs, our sweet Winston, is old & quite slow.  The walks I might add are very pleasurable but that's three hours a day on dog walks.  Can't make a radio show during that time.

& by the way, you might think, "Whoa, you spend an eighth of your day walking your dogs?"  But what if I put it this way: assuming I sleep eight hours a day (which I generally don't), then I actually spend around one-fifth of my waking hours walking our dogs.  Sure, my doctor says it's kept me from turning into a high cholesterol-smelling diabetic flesh hump unable to move from my computer, but it's been terrible for radio shows.

Which I should be talking about instead of this.  Hey!  A show about masks!  That seems pretty timely, right?  Then it almost certainly wasn't my idea.  No, this was a suggestion by Jenny.  I hope she can wait till Tuesday, as I probably won't finish it tonight.

Tomorrow?  Tuesday?  Whenever?  It'll happen at Self Help Radio dot net.

Yes, of course, I love my dogs & the walks are to keep them healthy & happy.  & oh yeah I could work on the shows on days before the days that they're due.  It's truly my bad work habits that are to blame, not my beautiful pooches.  Shame on me!  Shame on me!

No comments: