Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Self Help Radio 072021: 1986 Continued

(All images found on Discogs.)

Here it is!  The continuation of my favorite music from 1985!  Listen: I could do a two-hour radio show just called "The 1985 Show" & make it a point not to repeat artists more than once a month & it would be excellent.  I kind of wish that was my thing.  Just a radio show based on a particular year.  Because I have spent six hours playing music from 1985 & I think I have three more hours in me.  Maybe more.  Hell, I made a list of records I didn't even know about from 1985 that I need to find so I can't imagine what I've missed!

& oh yeah, this was the first show I've done in a radio station live since March 12, 2020.  That means I went 496 days - almost 500 days! - without doing radio live at a radio station.  The last time I went that long was after I left KVRX in 1999.

By the way, I used this website to calculate the days - & it told me that 496 days is also 70 weeks & 6 days, or 1 year & four months & nine days.  & it was just too long.  Let's hope the delta variant doesn't fuck stuff up so I can continue to do this.  Please.

The show is at self help radio dot net of course & also at the KBOO website.  It's mainly me being giddy & nervous & playing tunes although Chuck stops by to talk about foreign movies from 1985.  I think it's fine.  What is played is below.  I hope you enjoy.

Self Help Radio 1985 Continued Show
"Pop Life" Prince & The Revolution _Around The World In A Day_
"Would I Lie To You?" Eurythmics _Be Yourself Tonight_
"Don't You (Forget About Me)" Simple Minds _Don't You (Forget About Me)_

"A Day" Clan Of Xymox _Clan Of Xymox_
"Tremble (My Girl Doesn't)" The Wolfgang Press _Water_
"Walk Away" The Sisters Of Mercy _First & Last & Always_
"Hazey Daze" Chris & Cosey _Technø Primitiv_
"Yü-Gung (Fütter Mein Ego)" Einstürzende Neubauten _Halber Mensch_

"One Of Our Psychedelic Beakers Is Missing" The Dentists _Some People Are On The Pitch They Think It's All Over It Is Now_
"Soul Monday" Martin Newell _Songs For A Fallow Land_
"Stealing In The Name Of The Lord" Yeah Yeah Noh _Cutting The Heavenly Lawn Of Greatness...Last Rites For The God Of Love_
"Every Conversation" The June Brides _There Are Eight Million Stories..._
"God Bless" The Bodines _God Bless_

Chuck stops by to talk about foreign films from 1985

"Can't Get There From Here" R.E.M. _Fables Of The Reconstruction_
"Letter To A Fanzine" Great Plains _Naked At The Buy, Sell, & Trade_
"Empty Bottles" Opal _Northern Line_
"Blue Eyes" Zeitgeist _Translate Slowly_
"Splinters" The Bongos _Beat Hotel_

"Jacob's Ladder" The Monochrome Set _The Lost Weekend_
"When All's Well" Everything But The Girl _Love Not Money_
"What's The Morning For?" The Apartments _The Evening Visits... & Stays For Years_
"Hearts Are Like Flowers" Jacobites _Robespierre's Velvet Basement_
"Sail Through" The Wake _Here Comes Everybody_

"Lesson 1: The Payoff Mix" Double Dee & Steinski _Lesson 1, 2, & 3_
"The Show" Doug E. Fresh & The Get Fresh Crew _The Show_
"Leader Of The Pack" UTFO _UTFO_
"I Can't Live Without My Radio" LL Cool J _Radio_
"Bite This" Roxanne Shante _Bite This_

"Shakespeare's Sister" The Smiths _Shakespeare's Sister_
"Once More" The Wedding Present _Once More_
"Aikea Guinea" Cocteau Twins _Aikea Guinea_
"The Exploding Boy" The Cure _In-Between Days_
"Move Me" The Woodentops _Move Me_

"Tight Connection To My Heart (Has Anybody Seen My Love)" Bob Dylan _Empire Burlesque_
"My Funny Valentine" Nico & The Faction _Camera Obscura_
"Last Dance" The Mekons _Fear & Whiskey_

No comments: