Monday, July 19, 2021

Whither 1985 Continued?

(Image from here.)

Two things about that image up there.  One, I have zero memories of storms & floods at the beginning of 1985.  None whatsoever.  I do have a memory of driving my old 1976 Ford Granada home from a friend's house & my windshield wipers refusing to work so I drove with my head hanging out of the car being battered by rain.  But I'm sure that was in the spring because it was a school night & it wasn't freezing out.  Second, my family never read the Morning News.  That was the conservative paper.  We read the Times Herald which also had the best comics, especially Doonesbury.  But a search for 1985 Dallas Times Herald on the googla image search found nothing.  You write your blog posts with the images you got.

You may know that around the time of my birthday, on Self Help Radio, I play songs from the a year in my life.  I started when the started with 1968, the year I started, & I have done it yearly, adding a year to my regular life & to the show's theme.  I covered 1985 earlier this year, & you can listen to that show over on the Self Help Radio website & also on the KBOO website.  But for me 1985 was such an amazing year in music I couldn't just stop at three hours.  I needed another show.  & that show is tonight.

Not only is it tonight it's my first show live in the KBOO studios since March of 2020.  So I am pretty excited.  & almost certainly going to screw things up in hilarious fashion.

Tonight!  On 90.7 fm KBOO!  & online at kboo.fm!  From midnight to 3am!  I know you won't be awake to listen but spare me a passing thought - "Oh yeah, that dumb show's live tonight, cool" - before you pass out, will you?

No comments: