Friday, December 31, 2021

End Of The Year Accounting

(image from here)

It's that time of year when I look at the numbers & find out how busy I was on the radio.  Might I share it with you?

In 2021, I was responsible for (& take responsibility for) 111 radio shows.  That's one-hundred & eleven.

Of those shows, fifty-three (53) were episodes of The Dickenbock Report on Freeform Portland.

Fifty (50) were episodes of Self Help Radio on KBOO.

That only adds up to 103; the other eight were sub shows, seven (7) on KBOO, & one (1) on XRAY.

Here's information you probably don't need nor care about:

There were 53 episodes of The Dickenbock Report because in the spring, the show's timeslot moved from Mondays to Thursdays, & the week it moved, I made two shows.  The show was recorded the entire year.

The reason there were a mere 50 episodes of Self Help Radio was because of two reasons: the first was a failure in a live broadcast from home, as detailed here.  I began to do the show live at KBOO in the late summer, but missed a show in November because we had to take our oldest dog to the emergency room, as mentioned here.  Otherwise there would've been 52 episodes of Self Help Radio this year.

& speaking of Self Help Radio:
Forty-one (41) original themes were explored this year, including original themes for repeated holiday shows on Valentine's Day & Halloween.
Three (3) themes were repeated, one for the show's anniversary (as is usual), one by request (subways), & the last one because one show wasn't enough (for 1985).
There were three (3) installments of the Indiepop A To Z series, as is normal.
& my three (3) end-of-the-year shows, which have all new content, but which are not new thematically, bring us to fifty (50).  Those are my birthday show for my beloved wife, my year-end favorites show, & my Christmas show.

Not only that, I managed to do two in-depth interviews this year, one with Adam from the Mommyheads & one with Amelia & Rob of the Catenary Wires.  Both were great fun & I want to do more of those please!

With Omicron coming to Portland, I don't imagine there'll be more opportunities for in-station subbing, but I hope I can continue to do Self Help Radio live at KBOO in 2022.  So hopefully next year there'll be at least 52 (fifty-two) episodes each of Self Help Radio & the Dickenbock Report.

Please accept my apologies for all the radio I made this year & in advance for next year.

Happy happy new year!!

No comments: