Sunday, December 26, 2021

Preface To Indiepop A To Z # 67: Why Do You Keep Doing This?

The image above is the first image that came up with I googlied "Why Do You Keep Doing This?"  It's from here.  I have no idea what show it's from.

A while ago, a person who I was texting with during one of my indiepop a to z shows asked me if I would ever get finished.  "Probably not," I responded.  He then texted, "Why do you keep doing this?"

Gee, I can't remember if I had a response, but I guess I do have a couple now.  They are:

1) The music is great.  It's fun to share this kind of music.  &
2) It satisfies a kind of OCD need to organize & list-make I have.

The truth is, I enjoy the process of gathering the music, listening to it (some of it I haven't really listened to in years!), deciding if it fits in the "indiepop" genre.  I hope I'll get to finish it - I hope I have that many years left doing radio - but even if I don't, I've enjoyed the process.

A long time ago, I started collecting bands that I missed (you know, like Allo Darlin' showed up way past the time I was doing the letter A) & thought how I'd add them the next time around.

The next time around!  Boy was I thinking differently then!

(I still collect bands I missed though.)

No comments: