Monday, December 27, 2021

Whither Indiepop A To Z # 67

(The hits of Sisyphus.  Image from here.)

Is there any explanation necessary at this point?  Yes, because no one reads this blog!

About every four months I return to a series I call "Indiepop A To Z."  In alphabetical order I play indiepop bands & artist, plus some bands or musicians I think are influential to the genre.  For example, tonight I'm in the letter P - I'll start with a band called the Pizazz - & I suspect I will get to bands that have "Pop" in their name.  Might I play Iggy Pop?  He isn't indiepop at all!  But has he influenced indiepop?  He's influenced so many people!  So I'll ask again: might I play Iggy Pop?*

There's nothing fancy, just the bands & their music.  Three hours' worth.  I doubt I'll finish the letter P tonight but one never knows.

The series began in Austin, Texas, & as you can see, we're on the 67th installment.  You can listen to previous installments on the Self Help Radio website.  You can find links to the shows (some of them you can even listen to) somewhere near here.  I keep promising to make a stand-alone page for the series.  Maybe this week I will.

So if I'm able to make it to KBOO tonight, you'll hear nothing but indiepop from midnight to 3am.  That'll be on 90.7fm & online of course at KBOO dot fm.  Guaranteed to please!  Or maybe not.  What the hell do I know?

* Yes, I'll play Iggy Pop!

No comments: