Saturday, January 01, 2022

Happy New Year's Day!

Please enjoy some pictures I've taken on New Year's Days past.


This was taken last year, on a wet New Year's Day in Portland.  It was actually dry this year on New Year's Day - the first time it had been dry in weeks, I read somewhere.  That's the wife & my pups.



This was taken New Year's Day 2018, in Fort Worth, Texas.  We walked regularly through a small park in our neighborhood which overlooked a grocery store & a small shopping center.  They were seeking to increase its size by adding a different building which was finished but unoccupied when we left in 2019.  Googla Maps tells me that as of March of last year, it was mostly still empty, although the far right corner of the structure was home now to a Chopsticks.  At the time of this image, however, it was unfinished & a fear of thievery led to this comical situation.



This was taken New Year's Day, 2017, also in Fort Worth.  We must've walked past nearby Luther Lake, & it looks like it's near nightfall (one could only look into the lake from the east).  The ducks there were awesome, & sometimes even friendly.


& finally, an image from 2015, taken in Lexington, Kentucky.  It looks like it was taken near sundown at a park we'd stroll through in a nearby neighborhood.

You know, I don't know if I took any pictures today.  I've been bad about it recently.  I should go do that now!  Happy new year!

No comments: