Sunday, August 28, 2022

Preface To Indiepop A To Z # 69: Under Construction

(Image from here.)

It's strange, I was starting to feel nostalgic for those "under construction" signs that used to be on every damn website in the very early days of the Web.  Then I saw the image above.  They're so awful!

What I was missing was an image I used to use which I got from an old psychology textbook which showed an old building with holes in the windows.  I probably just used Photoshop to put "under construction" on the image, but it appeared mainly on the KVRX website, which I maintained in the mid-1990s.  However, I never backed up that site, & that image is probably gone forever.  Or else I named it something else & can't find it now.

Darn it, I just thought I could find it with a different name but couldn't!

The reason I thought about this is that at one point, maybe earlier this year, I promised I would make a stand-alone page with all the Indiepop A To Z shows on it, & I'd re-upload all the episodes as well (the ones I've digitized).  But of course I didn't get to that today.  I probably did more, unimportant things.  I might be able to get to it tomorrow?

But there's no space for it currently on the Self Help Radio website, so there's no "under construction" image.  Wow, I can't believe how terrible all of those are.  Thankfully none of them are animated gifs!

No comments: