Monday, August 29, 2022

Whither Indiepop A To Z # 69?

(In the name of twee, please enjoy this unbearably cute cartoon by Liz Climo.)

Ah yes, it has been four months (give or take a week) since the last installment of my never-ending series, Indiepop A To Z.  I have had five full episodes (& one partial episode) covering the letter P, & am happy to announce we will have covered it as well as I can by tonight.  I expect to be able to spend nearly the same amount of time on the letter Q.

Kidding!  I think I have like nine bands.  There are of course more than nine bands (& artists) out there whose names (last names in the case of artists) start with the letter Q (there's even a 1970s disco group called Q) but I didn't think they were influential to or part of the genre of indiepop.  Sorry fans of ? & The Mysterians!  Sorry fans of Quando Quango!

One thing I have done, which I reveal on Friday, is made good on a promise I made maybe a year ago, maybe a few months ago, but I'll say more at the end of the week.

In the meantime, enjoy the last of the indiepop Ps - Puffin to Pylon - a few indiepop Qs, & the beginning of the indiepop Rs.  That will happen tonight on 90.7fm KBOO Portland from midnight to 3am.  If you're not in our signal range, you can listen online at kboo.fm.  It will only sometimes be as cute as that cartoon above.

No comments: