Saturday, September 03, 2022

Helping & Donateing Rules

Three years ago today, I snapped this picture in my neighborhood.  Where we live is more densely populated than anywhere we've lived before, & so while I'm sure there were some children (not many) in our neighborhood in Fort Worth, & definitely lots in our neighborhood in Lexington, there seems to be so many more in our neighborhood in Portland.  We are actually within walking distance of at least three schools, & we see signs of kiddos - toys, for example - as well as their creativity - lots of chalk art & writing on sidewalks - & things like this.

What is the context?  I don't know.  & I'm not sure I ever knew.  But it makes me wish my mother had given me a piece of poster board from time-to-time & told me I needed to write out some random rules.  I would've had a lot of fun.  & probably would have left it out on the sidewalk when I was done for some smart-ass with a camera to take a photograph of it.

No comments: