Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Self Help Radio 051424: Arrested


Something terrible happened to this week's Self Help Radio, & it's not just that the show happened & no one stopped it. The show did happen. I was there. But sadly there's no recorded evidence of it. My recording device failed to capture the show. The KBOO website failed to record the show. I assume the show as it aired is lost forever. But!

Because the fake interviews are prerecorded, & because I have a sense of the nonsense I spout on the air, I went ahead & rerecorded my airbreaks for the show & that's what you can listen to, should you want to listen, linked on the Self Help Radio & KBOO websites.

The show this week had the theme "arrested." Is there someone who might put out a warrant for my arrest due to my criminal carelessness & probably illegal stupidity? Gosh I hope not. But I should perhaps stop talking now & call my liar - I mean lawyer.

The show! Listen at the Self Help Radio website (remember the username SHR & the password selfhelp) or at the KBOO website (no passwords needed but you can't download the show). Lots of music + talk on the show - that's all listed below.

Oh no will I need a bail bondsman?!?

Self Help Radio Arrested Show
"Your Under Arrest (For Stealing My Heart)" Ray Price _The Honky Tonk Years (1950-1966)_
"You're Under Arrest" The Shirelles _The Collection_
"Arrest Me" Jamo Thomas _Popcorn's Detroit Soul Party_

introduction & definitions

"Advice On Arrest" The Desperate Bicycles _New Cross, New Cross_
"Arrested" Blouse _Imperium_
"The Under Arrest Joke" Mike Birbiglia _Thank God For Jokes_
"She Got Arrested" The Interrupters _Say It Out Loud_

interview with police offider Margaret Potter

"Under Arrest" Holly Golightly & The Brokeoffs _No Help Coming_
"You're Under Arrest" S.W.A.T. _Deep Inside A Cop's Mind_
"Love Arrestor" Bobby Goldsboro _Honey_
"How High The Mountain (Ronnie's Theme)" David Cross & Bob Odenkirk _Mr. Show: The Complete Third Season_
"Arrested" The Accused _Messthetics # 103: DIY 77-81 Midlands I_

interview with fingerprinter Mark Parker

"Arrested For Driving While Blind" Z.Z. Top _Tejas_
"I Wanna Make An Arrest (Acoustic Demo)" Martha Wainwright _Come Home To Mama_
"Under Arrest" Debbie Harry _KooKoo_
"Citizen's Arrest" Wolf Colonel _Intercontinental Pop Exchange No. 1_
"Highway Patrol" Junior Brown _Guit With It_

interview with cop's son Matty Peterson

"You're Under Arrest" Serge Gainsbourg _You're Under Arrest_
"Under Arrest (feat. Young MC)" Sly & Robbie _Silent Assassin_
"You're Under Arrest" Benjamin Zephaniah _Rasta_

interview with author Milt Pullman

"Cordial Arrest" International Airport _You Don't Need Darkness To Do What You Think Is Right_
"House Arrest" Field Medic _Grow Your Hair Long If You're Wanting To See Something That You Can Change_
"Blah Blah Blah" Lenny Bruce _To Is A Preposition; Come Is A Verb_
"Finally I Can Get Arrested In This Town" Frenzal Rhomb _The Cup Of Pestilence_

conclusion & goodbye

"Can't Get Arrested" Lloyd Cole _Bad Vibes_

No comments: