Saturday, January 30, 2016

The Gary Files # 19: Gary Dourdan

(This is from his Wikipedia page.)

An explanation: Since the name Gary is going extinct, I thought it incumbent upon me to celebrate more notable Garys than myself.  This is the nineteenth of a series!

Gary Dourdan is an American actor most famous for a character his played on the original CSI.

When did you first become aware of him?  I used to watch CSI.  The original.  I never really watched any of the spin-offs.  One of those spin-offs actually had a famous person named Gary on them as well!

Do you mean Gary Sinise?  Yeah!

Should we talk about him right now?  No, we'll save him for another installment.

He seems more famous than this Gary.  I guess so.

Shouldn't we do the famous Garys before the less-famous ones?  Let's just continue with this, shall we?

Okay. Do you have any thoughts about this Gary?  Uh.  No, not really.  I mean, I liked him on the show, but I don't think I've seen him in any other television show or movie.

No?  No.  Um.  I mean, I thought he was pretty.  I wish I, as a Gary born around the same time he was born (he's two years older than I am), was as pretty as he is.

But you're lucky you haven't had his issues with drugs, right?  Oh yeah.  He's been arrested with cocaine, ecstasy, & oxycontin.  & because of that, he's also on probation for domestic violence.

Why did he leave CSI?  I think it had to do with money.  They killed his character off.  That's harsh.

Was his name really Gary?  Yes, Gary Robert Dourdan.

Do you know why he was named Gary?  I can't say.  He was born in 1966, so it's probably not because of Gary Cooper.

No comments: